Friday, May 13, 2005

Kitchen progress


Kitchen progress
Originally uploaded by AviatorDave.
Yesterday I took a break from painting for an hour to mow the lawn, then went back to work. It's slow going, because there are lots of angles and corners and little pieces that don't lend themselves to the roller. I suppose they have lots of fancy corner-and-angle tools at the hardware store, but I am working with a plain old 2" brush.

And there are a lot of dark stains that are hard to cover up. When the previous owner stained the woodwork around the windows and doors (a very dark brown) he didn't mask the wallboard around them; figuring, I guess, that they were going to wallpaper over it anyway.

I'll probably lay on a third coat of white primer tonight and start the color tomorrow morning. I'm still trying to find a good material to cover the burnt orange backsplash, short-term, since I don't want to pull down the cupboards to remove it. But the kitchen is definitely looking less kitsch.