Friday, January 07, 2005

The "B" word

I'm beginning to see the usefulness of having an online journal; as Gail pointed out to me, it saves you from having to tell the same story over and over, and it helps you remember events of import in your life. I'm in the sporadic habit of keeping a handwritten journal, in my daytimer and on my flying clipboard; it's a mess, and no one but me has ever read it. I've resisted blogging, because I felt that it smacked of talking to myself, and because I've read so many dreadfully boring ones. Also because it's all too easy to start an online journal, and then slack off and not update it.

But I think I will try to get in the habit, and expand a little on my original intent of just posting my flying experiences. Those tend to come more frequently in the summer, anyway; though I still have a backlog of them in the handwritten journal that I may transcribe here, "someday". My posts, like the flying, may be a little uneven; but I'll try not to be dreadfully boring. You are invited to fasten your seatbelt and read on.

That said, and since I've told the story about five times already, I will try to recount my trip to Vancouver over the holidays...